I nicked this from this blog. Enjoy.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, depending on the size and how close to running out of patience I am.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Well, it’s a fake one right now, but I much prefer a real one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Two weeks before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? Two weeks after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Eggnog with a shot of brandy and some nutmeg, woah Nelly that’s good!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I’m sure there were several but what comes to mind right away was the year my parents bought me a Shaun Cassidy record. I was in the 3rd or 4th grade I think. I hugged the record and could have broken it. Now that would have been funny.
7. Hardest person to buy for? John
8. Easiest person to buy for? Auntie Kat
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, although my parents have one and as a child I loved to set it up.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, please people, let’s not completely flake out on traditions!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can’t think of anything truly terrible, but my grandma did give me some blouses one year that were more her style than mine. I just donated them to Goodwill.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Don’t really have a major favorite, but It’s A Wonderful Life is really a great movie. Strangely, I only saw this movie for the first time about three years ago. I have no idea why I never saw it before then.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? See #11 above, but I refuse to regift!! A story of regifting gone bad: an old friend “Betty” was famous for regifting. “Shelly” bought her a nice gift on a trip abroad and gave it to her upon her return. Betty claimed she loved it. Six months later, Shelly is speaking to another friend, “Michelle,” who told her about the beautiful gift Betty had given her for Christmas. You guessed it…it was the gift that Shelly lugged all around a foreign country and dragged through customs for Betty. Whoops! Moral of the story: regift outside your circle of friends or just don’t do it!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, they are in fact part of the tree. There’s something to be said for not having to test all those tangled strands of lights to see if they work and then untangle them. Seems no matter how carefully I roll the lights every year, they wind up a nest of electrical wires and pointy light bulbs.
17. Favorite Christmas songs? White Christmas, Silent Night, Hallelujah Chorus, Jingle Bells…
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!! There’s no way you could force me to travel with all those crazy people for the holidays.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Yes and I can also name all of the seven Dwarfs, but do you know the controversy of one of the reindeer names?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year, nothing. We couldn’t find a topper we like.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? A little of both.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Hearing Christmas songs before Thanksgiving.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love big glass globes with sparkle.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don’t know if I have a favorite because I think we’ve eaten the same Christmas dinner for at least 30 years. Through lack of deviation, I like steak and eggs for Christmas dinner. :-)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? This is what my mother keeps asking me and I don’t have an answer for her either!